SKY SUPER STRAT – (Family: Aquila Sky Strat)
The idea for a SKY SUPER STRAT came about several years ago in order to celebrate an Anniversary of Uli’s early Scorpions and Electric Sun days.
Although Uli has played Sky Guitars virtually exclusively since 1985 and they have become his main trademark, there are those who prefer to see Uli with a Fender Strat, the guitar which he was associated with during his early days and which he used to create his unique style of guitar wizardry.
Uli and the Strat is synonymous with albums like “In Trance, Virgin Killer, Taken By Force, Tokyo Tapes, Earthquake, Fire Wind and Beyond The Astral Skies”. All of these albums are of undeniable importance for the history of the electric guitar.
The Sky Super Strat is essentially an unusual hybrid in that it combines certain key features of the original Fender Stratocaster with the sonic power, versatility and super smooth handling of a modern day Sky Guitar – including the Mega-Wing III system and a Sky Guitar type neck. The body shape is unadulterated and vintage Strat in every aspect, but just about everything else is Sky Guitar.
The combination Strat & Mega Wing III is unbelievably perfect and the result is sheer sonic bliss for all those who gravitate towards a great Stratocaster tone. In our opinion, the tone of this guitar surpasses that of any Strat on the market, no matter how well built and this is why we gave it the name of “Super Strat”.
Wood & Specs:
- Number of strings: 6
- Alder body
- Flamed maple neck
- Position markers: black dots
- Long scale (Strat style – 25 inch – 65 cm)
- Neck width at saddle: 4.5 cm
- Neck width towards bridge: 5.9 cm
- Neck join: strat bolt-on
- Deep scalloped from 3rd fret
- Number of frets: 23
- Super-Jumbo fret wire
- ABM super smooth floating tremolo with 3 gold-plated springs
Sound & Tone Engine:
- Mega-Wing III System with 18-volt power supply
- 3 pick-ups: (2 humbuckers & 1 single coil in the middle)
- 3 control knobs & 2 push-pull toggle controls
1) volume – 2) treble-range – 3) Mid-range – 4) bass-range – 5) master gain
- 5-way toggle switch
- 2 X humbucker-to-single coil switches
- Cyan Magic – 9 blue/turquoise lights with dimmer
Finish & Colour:
- Overall appearance: gold theme
- Body: alpine white
- 1 white plastic scratch plate
- USG symbol on headstock
- Unique USG identification back plate, 24 carat gold plated
Tronical Powertune Self-Tuning System with I-phone App
- Black UJR Sky Guitar case with black velvet interior compartment
- Aquila Sky Guitar Strap in white ultra soft poly velvet, 3 inches wide
- Bright, singing, three dimensional, super-strat
Sky Guitar Type:
Aquila Sky Strat
Uli, playing his Sky Strat protoype, “Angel Dust”, trading leads with David Klosinski who is playing his brand new left-hand Super Strat, “Gwiazda”, on the same day it was finished! Hamburg, Dec 16, 2018.
Uli playing a brand-new Sky Super Strat “Angel Voice” (belonging to Terry Hartley) for the first time live. Coventry, Dec. 1, 2018