SILVER SKY 7 – (Family: Aquila Sky Guitar)
Sorry! No photos of the 7 string version as yet
The “SILVER SKY 7” is offering the most affordable choice of all Sky Guitars.
Despite its entry level budget price the Silver Sky 7 is a fully fledged genuine Sky Guitar in most of the important aspects and will play just as well. However, because it runs on battery, it does not offer the same unlimited power of gain, which the Mega-Wing III System provides and the EQ is not as extensive, albeit still extremely effective. The hardware is kept as a “silver theme”, instead of the “gold theme” which is used as standard for most other SGs. Quite a few people actually prefer the silver look, which is very striking in its own right.
While most UJR Sky Guitars are mainly master built by hand, the Silver Series is manufactured according to a custom shop approach, where certain actions are performed using CNC machines. Due to this these guitars can be more affordable. By far most guitars on the market today are predominantly machine manufactured in a largely automated process, but Sky Guitars are mainly hand-crafted, this also goes for the Silver Series, where most steps are still done by hand.
Featuring the battery powered Mega-Wing I active pick-up system, the Silver Sky 7 offers a rich tapestry of tones and colours. Because it is battery driven, these guitars have less gain than those equipped with the Mega-Wing III systems. Having said that, the overall gain level is still substantially higher than that of any other guitar on the market. All hardware is nickel – silver coloured.
The position lights come as red LEDs instead of cyan blue.
Guitars of the SILVER Series are fully-fledged Sky Guitars in their own right and play just as well, but they offer less frills than those of the more expensive series.
Wood & Specs:
- Number of strings: 7
- Alder body
- Maple neck
- Position markers: black dots
- Long scale (Strat style – 25.5 inches – 65 cm)
- Neck width at saddle: 5.1 cm
- Neck width towards bridge: 6.8 cm
- Neck join: MW
- Not scalloped, except for the highest frets
- Number of frets: 37 (the top 5 frets are whole-tone steps, counting as 2 frets each – the amount differs between individual guitars)
- Super-Jumbo fret wire – smaller in the higher regions
- ABM super smooth floating tremolo with 3 springs
Sound & Tone Engine:
Mega-Wing I System with 9-volt lithium battery
- 3 pick-ups: 2 humbuckers & 1 single coil in the middle – the bridge pick-up has a 4 winged pegasus engraving drawn by Uli – silver/nickel finish
- 3 control knobs:
1) volume – 2) treble-range – 3) Mid-range
- 5-way toggle switch
- 1 X humbucker-to-single coil switch
- Ruby Magic – 12 red lights with dimmer
Finish & Colour:
- Overall appearance: silver theme
- Body: raven black or alpine white
- 2 nickel scratch plates
- Sky Academy spiral symbol on body
- USG symbol on headstock
- Unique USG identification back plate
- Black UJR Sky Guitar case with black velvet interior
- Aquila Sky Guitar Strap in black ultra soft poly velvet, 3 inches wide
- Bright, singing
Sky Guitar Type:
Silver/nickel scratch plates and “Ruby Magic” positioning lights
Tronical Self Tuning System in action